Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why I Am a Proud Former

As I sat and watched Miss America Sunday night I was appalled by some talent, horrified by some dress choices, and confused by some on-stage questions, but I was ecstatic and that outpouring of love and congratulations when Miss NY was crowned. You see, that is what its all about.

Sure, you want to win and wear the ultimate crown and there can be some caddiness backstage, but at the end of the day only one woman walks away with the title, but the other 52 contestants walk away with a lifetime of memories and friendships that will endure. My watching partner Sunday turned to me and said, "are they really happy for her? I mean are yall really friends?"

I chuckled and instantly replied yes! Those women become your best friends, bridesmaids, godmothers, they are your sisters, not just for a week, but a lifetime. Yes, I competed for a change to walk across the Miss America stage, but I kept competing and continue to be involved because of jewels that are the women, former, present and future who will become a part of the sisterhood of pageantry. I competed and will always support the system because of this:













but more importantly because of this:









 

So call it what you like, beauty pageant, bunch of crap, but today, tomorrow, forever... pageants will always be a part of me and I would not change it for the world.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so awesome you are a former pageant girl. I love when you post stories because it's not something I have any idea about and I love the friendships you speak about.

    YAY PAGEANTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my former pageant friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a sorority, it seems! SO fun. You are a gorgey pageant queen, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...