Guess what day it is? Hump Day!! Today I'm giving you a bust your hump workout that I love!
1. Step Up with weights. Get a bench or box and simply step up onto the box then lift the alternate knee up. You can keep weights to your side or do an overhead press. Do 20 reps so you get each leg 10 times.
2. Side Step up with lunge. http://youtu.be/Jp38n06Uv4o
Stand paralel to the bench, step up with your left foot, and raise right knee up, then go into a side lunge. See video. Do 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
3. Box Jumps. 2 minutes.
4. Sumo squat with bull throw. I normally stand close the wall and bounce the ball off the wall. Great overall workout. 2 minutes.
5. Walking lunges with barbell or free weights. 15 lunges one way and then return 15 lunges on the way back.
6. Last but not least.... leg press! The leg press is by far my favorite leg exercise. And I don't mean the girly one, the free-weight loaded one. Put on as many plates as you can comfortably press for 10-12 rep, where you almost can't do the last 1-2 reps. I do 10 deep reps then 20 calf raises on the same machine.
Hope you enjoy some of my favorite leg workouts! Happy Hump Day!!