Monday, October 1, 2012

A Day to Celebrate


It's October 1st! Today is my wonderful hubby's birthday!! Happy Bday love!!! Today also starts Breat Cancer Awareness Month. Most of you do not know that in 2007 my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She underwent surgery on Valentine's Day 2007 and then months of chemo and radiation. I watched the strongest woman I know undergo a terrible disease. Today my mom is happy and healthy!! She is going on 5 years of surviving. Today I dedicate my post to my mom. In 2008 my mother and I were honored to be a part of TCU Frogs for the Cure halftime video. Hope you all enjoy and remember ladies, the key to detection is monthly breast exams.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, what a powerful video. THank you for sharing your story.

    So glad your mom is doing well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Your mom... I am so happy she is a survivor. So it seems October holds lots of reasons for you to celebrate! Its almost y(our)birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, I am tearing up! Also happy birthday hubs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...