Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Please don't look at my nails

EEK! My nails look atrocious!  I mean yes, they have a nice nude shade of polish (Butter London's Yummy Yummy), but they are short, chipped and dry! Oh did I mention the hangnails? Oh for the days when I had a perfectly manicured hand. Now, I push paper all day, type a gazillion words, pulls files out of teeny-tiny places and wash my hands at least 30 times a day. This is why my nails look like hell!

I blame this on my job. I mean, I get up at 5, so caffine is a must, thus on cup number 3, my bladder is full, thus begins the constant trips to the potty room, which requires the copious amounts of handwashing, with sub-par soap and scalding water. Or maybe its the overstuffed files I week through every day in an attempt to "look like I'm doing something" or pretend I'm busy.

And then there is just the stress-related picking. I finally stoppped biting my nails,  but now its just picking. Which leads to chips, and hangnails! So, yes ladies, a bad-manicure is a work hazard in this profession. Guess it means I should keep a small kit in my desk and  give myself mini-manicures at lunch. Meanwhile, I guess I should get back to those discovery requests! ~The Illegal Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...